Tuesday 1 March 2011

Lies

I'm concerned tonight that Rebecca has been lying to me and I'm a bit concerned about her in general.

Today was her first day back at school and as we were walking home this afternoon, she told me a detailed story about one of her classmates calling her a baby and another boy joining in at lunchtime. I was concerned partly because this was not the first time that this girl has apparently done this although it was the first time that she had got someone else to join in. I was also troubled because Rebecca does act babyish as a defence mechanism when things get too difficult for her and her educational psychologist noted this year that she realises that she does things differently to her peers. So I started to wonder if she was feeling threatened and out of place at school and this girl was making it worse by name calling.

I phoned the school to try and speak to Rebecca's form teacher but he had already left for the day and the school secretary left a message saying that I wanted to speak to him in the morning.

So I thought this was dealt with, I would speak to her teacher and we would sort it out. However, just before bedtime Rebecca told me that the whole thing was a story and she had made it all up. Although this girl had said things in the past, nothing had happened today. She couldn't tell me why she had lied so I told her I was disappointed and that lying was wrong and then she went to bed.

I am not sure though which was the lie. Was it the story? or was she lying and pretending it was a story so that I didn't go into school and speak to her teacher? I really don't know!

I have decided to still have a word with him tomorrow. Partly because he is expecting me to want to speak to him but also just to check that Rebecca is happy and school and see if he is aware of any problems. I'll let you know how it pans out.

Bye for now

love Riki xxx

No comments:

Post a Comment