Friday 18 March 2011

What do you lack in your life?

I've been wondering this morning how most single mums would answer that question. I'm sure some would say money and some would say a relationship. But for me the overriding number one thing would be ......SLEEP!

However hard I try, I can never get enough sleep. Last night I made a real effort and got to bed by midnight. At half five I got up for the loo and as Rebecca was in my bed by then, this unfortunately woke her up. I got back into bed to go back to sleep until 7 but, oh no, madam wasn't having any of that! She was singing to herself then talking a a loud stage whisper after I told her to be quiet. Finally, as I was managing to doze off, she started flexing her toes against my leg which hurt so much it completely woke me up. At this point I told her to get out of my bed. No sooner had she left then psycho cat arrived and jumped on my head, clearly thinking that as he could hear me talking, it must be time for me to get up and feed him.

So, I give up. I will have to settle for the bags under my eyes becoming large sacks and settle for my lie in once every six weeks or so when the girls go to their dads.

I can't even plan a little nap today to catch up as I'm helping with face painting at Rebecca's school today to raise money for Comic Relief.

Bye for now (Yawn)

love Riki xxx

No comments:

Post a Comment