Monday 7 March 2011

Yellow Pages

I am so lucky with Rebecca's school. Even without the formal diagnosis of dyslexia, they are doing so much for her. I mentioned a few weeks ago that I was using the coloured reading rulers at home and that yellow seemed to be helping her focus. Not only has the school started using it too, but because her teacher saw it was helping, they have got her a writing book with yellow pages too. Apparently now she has been using this, the amount of letter reversals that she writes has reduced dramatically. They have now given me a similar book to use for her homework. It seems to be very common for dyslexics to have problems focusing on black on a white background. The reading rulers come in different colours and I would definitely recommend trying them.

My title today has a double meaning as I have a job next month delivering Yellow Pages catalogues. It's only a one off thing but the money isn't bad and every little helps!! I'm off now to buy one of the granny shopping trolleys on wheels so that I can push them along. I'll have 1000 to deliver in a week so that will keep me busy!!

Bye for now

love Riki xxx

No comments:

Post a Comment