Friday 11 March 2011

What the future holds?

I was intending to write about my worries for Rebecca when in four years time she moves to senior school. However, as I am sitting here watching the reports of the Japan earthquake and the tsunami warnings, it seems daft to be worrying about something so far off when no one knows what fate has in store for us and the future can change so quickly. My thoughts and prayers go out to everyone affected by this and I pray the impact of the tsunami is less than anticipated!

My panic over Rebecca was triggered by talking to a friend whose severely dyslexic daughter is already at senior school. It does seem that the help given to dyslexics virtually disappears at senior school level which is scary as Rebecca is so well looked after at her primary school. I am even more determined that I must get an official assessment and diagnosis for her even if Ii have to pay for it privately. If she was just dyslexic, it would not be as bad, but she also has the auditory processing problems which is a form of listening dyslexia. I know I worry too much, God, I worry about everything. Her Dad doesn't worry though or show much interest in her development so it does fall totally on my shoulders.

Four years is a long time though so all we can do is keep plugging away and continue to build on her progress.

Bye for now and stay safe wherever you are in the world!

love Riki xxx

No comments:

Post a Comment