Wednesday 2 February 2011

Where to start??

Yikes, I'm not often lost for words but knowing where to begin this blog has momentarily stumped me!

OK, here goes. Who am I? I'm a 44 year old single Mum living with my two kids and a psycho cat! Still legally married, partly cos I couldn't face the divorce process initially and now mainly cos I can't afford to pay for it and my ex won't. Now that I've mentioned the ex, I might as well get him out of the way. We met when I was nineteen, got married when I was 26 and then ten years later, when I was eight months pregnant with our second child, I found out that he was having an affair. It turned out that he had numerous affairs while we were married and, to cut a long and tedious story short, he walked out leaving me with a three month old baby and a six year old. I should add that this all happened a month after my dad died too. Really, Eastenders could use my life for inspiration if they run out out plots!

So that's the sob story out of the way. I now work as a mystery shopper and Avon lady, having used to be a quite well paid civil servant. However I now need to fit work around school hours and holidays. Partly because of the learning difficulties of my youngest and this is where the dyslexia from the blog title comes in. But more about that on another day.

Finally, why start a blog? I suppose, why not? I know some people make money from it but I'm realistic and don't expect to make a fortune this way. I suppose i just feel the need to talk, I don't have many close friends, and if someone likes what I write and can relate to it then that's a bonus.

Well, that's all for my introduction. The ex is visiting the girls tonight so I have to go and attempt to tidy up my bombsite of a house so that he doesn't think I'm a total Scummy Mummy. Also the psycho cat has appeared mewing for food and he tends to attack if it's late!

Bye for now

love Riki xxx

No comments:

Post a Comment