Friday 4 February 2011

The dating game

I've just got back from the school run, having walked home with one of the other mums, a well meaning but somewhat tedious conversationalist. Normally she just talks at me and I try to remember to smile and nod in the right places while sleepwalking my way up the road. However, today she exhausted herself as a topic of conversation and decided to start on my love life, or rather lack of it.

Apparently I really should start dating and getting out there to meet a nice man. She did stop short of offering to babysit for me, even though she knows their Dad having the girls is a sporadic occurrence. The clincher though was when she told me to try some dating websites as I was bound to meet a nice chap on there. I didn't like to tell her that the last time I tried a dating website, the only man to approach me was a 77 year old calling himself "Red Hot Percy".

I have been on my own for quite a while now and although the thought of dating again is scary, it would be nice to have someone. It'll be difficult to find someone who's prepared to take on psycho cat though!

I'm off to Tesco now, God, my life is one long social whirl of excitement! Bye for now

love Riki xxx

No comments:

Post a Comment