Thursday 24 February 2011

The perils of ironing

I was going to go to bed without posting today but as I am now sitting here with several ice cubes wrapped in kitchen roll around my throbbing thumb, I thought I might as well type something one handed while waiting for the pain to subside. I always knew ironing was bad for me but it definitely gets worse when you try to iron your thumb as well!

I finally gave in and ironed tonight as, having put it off for several days due to this streaming cold,  the pile of ironing was taller than Rebecca. This is bad as she is very tall for seven!

So, apart from the accidental self harming tonight, it has been a fairly peaceful day. The teenage Drama Queen was in a good mood and even helped hoover.She is at a sleepover tomorrow so it will be a very quiet evening. Rebecca was a bit up and down. I don't know if she was still unsettled after seeing her dad last night. We continued working on her shoebox scene for school and she played in the garden for a while.

It was nice to have a fairly peaceful day as the weekend will be manic, but more about that in my next post. Am off to get some more ice for my thumb.

Bye for now

love Riki xxx

No comments:

Post a Comment