Tuesday 22 February 2011

Joys of parenting

You know, sometimes I think the cat appreciates me more than the kids! He's always pleased to see me at least! Actually Rebecca is OK at the moment, it's the Teenage Drama Queen acting up! I just spent 40 minutes telling her to go to bed only to then be accused of milking being ill (I have a stinking cold!). Apparently she felt ill all day but didn't make a fuss unlike me. I should point out that my making a fuss only consisted of having a lemsip before going out, sneezing continually and talking with a blocked nose tonight.

The Teenage Drama Queen never mentioned feeling ill all day and was perfectly OK to go shopping for school shoes and party clothes for the weekend and then sit on facebook all evening. I, on the other hand, have spent the evening trying to find ideas for creating a shoebox scene for Rebecca's holiday homework. It has to be a holiday destination and she wants it to be skiing. So I will spend a lot of tomorrow helping her with this. I will help with the drawing of the background and then let her paint it and will have to help with the cutting out. She has special scissors to help with her weak grip and has improved a lot but still needs some guidance.

I must also find time to run the hoover round as the ex is descending on us for his weekly visit in the evening.  If I'm really lucky, I might manage to give him my cold, hee hee..

Bye for now

love Riki xxx

No comments:

Post a Comment