Monday 21 February 2011

Juggling credit cards and stretching the pennies

My daughter, Rebecca, asked me tonight if I had always wanted to be an Avon lady when I grew up. My short answer to her was no, but it fitted in around looking after her so was good at the moment. But it made me think and, although I wouldn't say it to her, I had a real pang of regret for the career I had to give up. I know I was only in the civil service but I was good at what I did and sometimes I do miss it. I certainly do miss the money!!

Yet again I am juggling my credit cards. At the moment everything is on 0% interest rates but unless things change, I could be in the deep doo doo by the end of the year. I know that I should be grateful that my ex pays the mortgage but with two kids money doesn't go far and I hate them going without at all. Especially as their Dad doesn't spoil them at all.

If Rebecca only had dyslexia to contend with, then childcare might be an option. But her problems with auditory processing and difficulties with dealing with large groups have made me rule it out as an option. So most doors in the job market are shut to me, as a job would need to be school hours and term time working only.

So I will keep trying to earn a few extra pennies where I can but it's bad when my hopes of getting my finances straight rest mainly on winning the lottery!

Bye for now

love Riki xxx

No comments:

Post a Comment