Friday 18 February 2011

Normal life is suspended..........

because the kids break up from school today. Don't take this the wrong way, I love having my kids at home but, in some ways, life is easier when they are at school as they are in a routine.

For the next week, Katherine the teenager will adopt the waking pattern of a vampire. That is, trying to stay up all night and hiding under her duvet for the hours of daylight! She is currently only planning one day out with friends and a sleepover at the end of the week so I can expect choruses of "I'm so boooored" and lots of bickering with her sister. Rebecca will be easier to amuse but due to her current obsession with snakes and ladders, I can expect to be playing that for hours each day!

Rebecca's head teacher stopped me on the way out of school this morning to tell me to expect some forms in the post. Apparently he has been pushing again for additional speech and language help for Rebecca and the forms will be for my input on this. I was very pleased about this. Rebecca's problems with auditory processing haven't really been addressed, apart from the school adapting the way she is given instructions.
It'll be interesting to see what help is forthcoming.

I am taking the girls up to London over the weekend so that will keep them busy and out of mischief. Good luck to all parents and carers dealing with the school holiday next week. Have a good one!

Bye for now

love Riki xxx

No comments:

Post a Comment