Tuesday 8 February 2011

Highs and Lows

Well, it started off as a good evening last night and then went downhill due to some teenage dramatics.

The high point was Rebecca coming home from school with a Headteacher's Award for outstanding progress in reading. She was so thrilled and it has seemed to spur her on to try even harder. She's old enough now to realise that some things seem harder for her than others in her class so positve encouragement really helps her. The diagnosis of dylexia has, at least, meant that I can explain that there is a reason for her difficulties and the other day we even talked about famous people that are dyslexic so that she could see that it's not just her. Her certificate has pride of place in her bedroom at the moment and I have promised her a little reward at the weekend when we go shopping.

The low point of the night was the never ending struggle to get Katherine to go to bed. We have settled on 10pm as a reasonable time but as usual it was about 20 past by the time she was actually in bed. About an hour later I was on Facebook and realised that she was online. I found her in bed listening to music on her phone. When I took her phone off her and told her to go to sleep, I just got a mouthful. This morning, she couldn't get up and only came downstairs as I was leaving to take Rebecca to school. She is only 13 and needs more sleep than she is getting.

I will have the last laugh though. She asked her Dad for money last night to go out at the weekend. I have emailed him this morning and said don't give her any because she doesn't deserve it. Also, as I didn't get an apology, she will lose her laptop for the rest of the week.

It's Tough Love, Baby!!

Bye for now

love Riki xxx

No comments:

Post a Comment