Monday 16 January 2012

Birthday Blues

Happy Birthday

Guess what?? It's my birthday.

As soon as I woke up this morning, the radio started bombarding me with stories about how this is the most miserable day of the year and everyone is depressed today. I opened the paper and it was the same story. Now I'm not into huge birthday celebrations now, it's more just a feeling of dread that I'm another year older. But it is a bit much to hear that everyone is so miserable on your birthday.... Even Rebecca asked me why my birthdays are so sad. I think she expected me to have a party or something. We would normally have gone out for a meal tonight but I am so broke that we are staying in.

I have no money to go out shopping and treat myself either. So far the highlight of my day has been having a long bubble bath.

As I started with a song today, I'm going to end with one. Love the lyrics to this, saw her on stage this year and she was phenomenal!

Jessie 

And no, I'm not going to tell you how old I am now!!

Love Riki xxx

No comments:

Post a Comment