Sunday 17 April 2011

Running the Mummy Marathon

We watched the London Marathon today, mainly because the ex was running and the girls wanted to try and see him. We had intended to go to London to watch but Rebecca was sick last night and this morning (once in the car, three times on the front room carpet and once in a bowl!).Anyway, we didn't see him but he did finish apparently.

Anyway tonight I got to thinking about everything I had to do today and everything I didn't have time to do and decided my life is like a Mummy Marathon!! Today, I fetched and carried and cleared up after Rebecca who lay on the couch for most of the day, cleaned the kitchen and cleared out some cupboards, did all the washing and got it dry, changed the beds, cooked Sunday dinner, worked for a while on the laptop and did the ironing. I should also mention the time spent consoling Teenage Drama Queen who came home yesterday from holiday with her friend's family and has been depressed every since. She is moping around complaining and generally acting like it is such a bad thing to be home. This hasn't exactly made me feel good...

So all in all, I think the marathon runners may have have it easier today. The London Marathon appeared to be less stressful than the Mummy Marathon.

Bye for now

love Riki xxxx

No comments:

Post a Comment