Friday 22 April 2011

Mean Mummy!!

The girls have gone to their Dads overnight and while I am grateful for my 24 hours off from being Super Mummy. I am feeling a bit mean!

Teenage Drama Queen staggered out of bed this morning and announced that she felt ill and didn't want to go to Dads. This is nothing new as she never wants to go. She got no sympathy from me and I told her she had to go as she wasn't staying at home on twitter and facebook all day (how she has occupied herself for the last two days). Anyway she went in the end as she didn't want to leave Rebecca to go on her own. This is the only time she actually gets protective about Rebecca and she does look after her.

So they drove off with the ex who was wearing a really hideous pair of shorts. I keep wondering when his mid life crisis will actually end, it must be stressful keeping up with a girlfriend that much younger than him. Sorry,I got distracted into bitching about the ex, but they went and i went off to Tesco. I was in the middle of shopping when Teenage Drama Queen texted to say she had been violently sick at Dads and felt awful. We had a bit of a conversation and she has been sick a couple of times since then. Rebecca was ill earlier this week (threw up in my bed one night) so she obviously has the same bug.

I just feel like a mean Mummy for making her go today when she did want to stay at home and said she felt ill. Her Dad lives two hours away so he can't just drop her back. I must admit though that part of me is thinking it's good that he has to deal with an illness once. He normally refuses to visit if they are ill in case he catches it. I had to get out of bed with gastric flu once to look after the girls who were ill too.

But still my baby is poorly and I'm not there to look after her. So while i am enjoying the sunshine and sitting in the garden with a beer,I do feel guilty. Aaaaah, the guilts of motherhood!!

Bye for now

love Riki xxxx

No comments:

Post a Comment