Monday 26 December 2011

Gone in a flash

I spent months preparing for it and scraping money together, spent days wrapping presents and yet it sped by in the wink of an eye. Yep, Christmas is over for another year.

I love watching the kids open their presents and thankfully they were thrilled with everything this year; but once that's over then my spirits always sink a little. I think its the effort to be so bloody cheerful and jolly, including smiling at the ex when he makes his morning visit instead of sitting and working out what hes spent on the girls.

I suppose he should be grateful that he actually managed to see them on Christmas Day this year The stupid man broke his leg off roading on a motorbike in October and has seen the girls only twice since then. He hasn't had them overnight since August either.

So even Boxing Day is over now and it's back to hideous normality and working out whether my overdraft will cover the shopping bill this week or if not, which credit card can i squeeze it onto. My internet assessor contract finishes at the end of February and I seriously need to sort out a replacement job. This has been made even more urgent by my bank realising that I earn nowhere near as much as I used to and deciding to downgrade my bank account. I wouldn't care about this in itself but it also means my overdraft is reduced by 75% from March. I may need to sell a kidney!!!

Good job really that Christmas is over as the Christmas spirit has definitely left me now!

Baa Humbug! And speak to you soon

love Riki xx

No comments:

Post a Comment